BE A TEAM
JOIN TEAM AZURIDGE
PART-TIME BANQUET SERVER
Azuridge Estate Hotel is hiring part-time Banquet Servers to join our Team to staff upcoming events. Many of our events include weddings, corporate meetings and other large-scale occasions. These events are primarily held on during weekends and/or evenings.
- Food and drink & hor’s d’oeuvres service
- Anticipating the needs of guests and responding politely to their requests
- Set up of banquet equipment, including but not limited to tables and chairs
- Setup and preparation of stations, buffets and coffee stations with appropriate food and beverage requirements as stated in the Banquet Event Order
- Responsible for accommodating all guests attending event
- Breaking down at the close of an event, which includes polishing, restocking, furniture breakdown and placing into storage
- Must be 18 years or older, and eligible to hold ProServe certification.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and possibly the occasional late night
- Must be able to focus on the job while staying on feet for long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, climb stairs and periodically carry items weighing 25 – 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform duties without difficulty, in addition to being courteous and attentive to guests during event.
The Beverage Specialist will interact with guests by sharing food knowledge and pairing recommendations. They will have great communication skills, an eye for detail, and ensure service excellence.
- Lead guests through the wine and beverage lists, and ensure excellent guest service by providing insightful drink recommendations during lunch and dinner service
- Tend bar for the Opal Dining Room, as well as bars for functions and weddings, including our on-property gazebo
- Be knowledgeable of all food and beverage items in order to make recommendations
- Assist in creating customized cocktails for guests and for special functions
- Perform opening and closing bar responsibilities, including stocking, cleaning, and maintaining all bar products including preparing necessary mise en place
- Duties and responsibilities assigned by the Sommelier
** This is a physical role that will involve extended periods of walking, standing, and lifting.
You have a great sense of passion for wine, food, and culinary excellence. You are a hospitality professional that is eager to share your knowledge and passion for wine with others. You are looking to join a dynamic and vibrant team of culinary experts where you can learn from the best. You show true initiative, drive, and stamina and are willing to go above and beyond to engage our guests with emotional service. You are looking for a position where you can grow your knowledge and experience and advance your career.
- More than 3 years of experience in a full service dining environment
- Passion for food, wine and culinary excellence
- Strong knowledge of wines and spirits; formal training (ie WSET) is a major asset
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage a large and variable work load
- Must possess superior verbal and written communication skills
- The utmost of professionalism and attention to detail, while being well presented
- Weeknight evening and weekend availability is essential
- Ability to lift up to 20kg
NIGHT AUDITOR/OVERNIGHT BUTLER
Our butler department is looking for new talent. This is a critical, demanding and rewarding position. If you love working with people, have great attention to detail and think outside of the box, this position is for you.
- Handling all incoming phone calls and emails for the hotel
- Booking reservations for the hotel and for our fine dining restaurant, Opal
- Welcoming the guest at check-in
- Offering car valet service
- Night Audit
- Providing guest and visitor property tours of the Estate
- Being a private concierge for our in-house guests (booking horseback excursions, babysitters, securing a table in the best restaurants around the area, planning a skiing/snowboarding trips etc.)
- Handling all In-Room Dinning experiences
- Turndown service
- Personalizing all guests’ suites (amenities, beverage and nosh center…)
- Communicating all important information to other departments to ensure that our guests enjoy a complete and extraordinary Azuridge Experience
- Attending to guest laundry, dry cleaning and pressing needs
- Preparing personalized hydrotherapy baths from our scent library
- Minimum of two years similar work experience in luxury hotel (front desk, concierge, Nights Shifts,Server…)
- English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must have computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Audit Experience a must
- Applicants must be service oriented and possess a strong knowledge of etiquette
- Must be adaptable, flexible, and function effectively in a team environment
- Have good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Have a strong work ethic and communication skills
- Must have a current legal working status in Canada
Azuridge Estate Hotel is nestled in the woods of the Rocky Mountain foothills, near Priddis, just outside Calgary. Behind it’s stately gate is a world of private luxury, fine dining, and personalized attention that is as polished as the gem for which it is named.
Azuridge is a masterpiece of style and luxury. Once a private residence, this extraordinary estate was transformed in 2011 and is now one of Canada’s only and newest estate hotels, a hidden gem sitting on 13 acres of resplendent natural beauty.
Interested, qualified candidates may apply by completing and uploading their résumé & cover letter to the following form.